What is the difference between measurement and evaluation? Why do we need consultants to evaluate our programs? What sort of measurement or evaluation do we do ourselves, and when do we need external assistance? What is a program logic model, and what is a theory of change, and how do we use each of these in measuring our organisations outcomes?
In our current changing procurement environment of understanding and measuring outcomes, it can be very unclear as to what we are referring to when we discuss measurement and evaluation. It becomes even more confusing when we see the myriad of tools, frameworks, theories and definitions in measuring social outcomes.
This workshop will provide you with a robust base level understanding of measurement and evaluation, and the ability to:
• recognise what you can measure yourself,
• what you need to be able to undertake this measurement, and
• when you should ask for external assistance
• Introduction to outcomes.
• Introduction to measurement and evaluation.
• What can be done in-house and when you should outsource.
Provided free courtesy of Lotterywest funding.