WACOSS builds sustainability of community organisations through its work in the following key areas.
- Capacity Building Programs
- Not for Profit Management
- Community Services in Regional WA
- The WA Peaks Forum
This is achieved through:
- Equipping individuals within organisations with the understanding, skills and access to information, knowledge and training that enables them to perform effectively.
- The development of management structures, processes and procedures, not only within organizations but also the management of relationships between the different organizations and sectors (public, private and community).
- Facilitating forums, networks and processes to enable input into social policy development
Our key objectives are:
- Building organisations capacity to provide high quality services, by facilitating development activities, providing resources, information and support.
- Building an ongoing knowledge base and the capacity to implement, share and manage efficiency and sustainability in the sector.
- Improving workforce development and retention.
- Working in partnership and collaboration with other PEAK bodies on cross sectoral projects to improve capacity across the whole sector.
- Working with government to implement strategies to reduce red tape.
- Supporting the development and maintenance of regional community services networks to undertake collaborative work in the sector, especially in relation to social planning, sector development and advocacy.
Each program has its own aims and objectives with an overall goal of building capacity and long term sustainability across the community sector.
For information on any of these programs go the relevant program area on the side menu.