About WACOSS Membership
WACOSS and its members share a vision of a socially just and sustainable West Australian society where people care for each other and have access to the resources and opportunities required for their well-being.
When you join WACOSS as an organisation or an individual, you join a strong and effective organisation;
- recognised for its knowledge, experience and effectiveness in influencing social policy to improve community services and community wellbeing.
- that values its members and provides a strong and informed voice to advocate for social change
- committed to making a difference
Your membership supports WACOSS’s work in the area of social justice and sector development.
Membership is aimed at people and organisations that share an interest in building stronger communities, improving social equity, enhancing the skills and knowledge of the not-for-profit sector and strengthening the non-government community services sector’s capacity to assist West Australians.
Membership is open to all interested individuals and organisations that support the WACOSS mission.
Dependent on category of membership, benefits include opportunities to:
- Stay up-to-date with crucial sector changes and critical social issues
- Contribute to our annual State Government pre budget submission
- Participate in cross sectoral forums, working groups and sector development
- Input to policy and decision making processes
- Receive invitations to a range of member based events
- Receive specific news on WACOSS and sector activities, the electronic WACOSS Update and the Electronic Newsletter
- Access to WACOSS eNews which connects us to more than 3,000 subscribers and their extended networks
- Enhance the skills, resources and networks of you and your staff
- Voting rights at the WACOSS Annual General Meeting ( Social Service and Individual Members only)
- Information and analysis about changes in government policy
- Invitations to attend WACOSS events including conferences, pre budget consultations, seminars and workshops for free, or at significantly reduced rates.
- Discounts to WACOSS training and sector development services
- Practical support for your organisation through:
-Access to training and sector development support and information
-Access to Employer Assist services
- Access to affordable insurance arrangements through the Community Sector Services
- Free advertising of events and jobs in our fortnightly online newsletter.