WACOSS, the leading peak organisation for the Social Service Sector in WA represents three hundred member organisations and affiliates, and over eight hundred organisations involved in the provision of services to the community. WACOSS is part of a national network of national, state and territory COSS’s. Our national coverage strengthens our capacity to represent state interests. We speak with and for the hundreds of thousands of West Australians who use community services each year, bringing their voice and interests to the attention of government, business, decision makers, media and the wider community.
The WACOSS vision is an inclusive, just and equitable society now and in the future
WACOSS, in collaboration with our membership, and as part of a national network, represents the interests of
Western Australians who experience disadvantage.
- To assist organisations within the community services sector with the development of socially just, professional, efficient, effective, co-operative and compassionate services, particularly for disadvantaged and vulnerable members of the community.
- To represent the views and needs of client groups and populations to all levels of the government and non-government sector, the media and general public, in relation to social policies, community services planning and service delivery issues.
- To educate community services personnel and the public about issues affecting social and community service organisations and their clientele.
- To produce proactive, powerful, principled and well informed social policy.
- To adopt any additional objects from time to time which objects are of a public benevolent nature.
- To advocate for a united Australia which respects this land of ours, values Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage, and provides justice and equity for all.
Become a WACOSS member